From Guilt to Growth: Embracing Imperfection in Motherhood
Unpacking Societal Expectations & Rewriting Our Own Definition of Success
Last August, I started working part-time for the first time in years. I loved using my brain differently—but I also felt this crushing guilt every time I left my kids. Even when they were fine, even when we were fine, I still felt like I was falling short.
Over time, I started to realize I wasn’t alone in this. Most moms I know carry some version of this guilt—like we’re always failing someone no matter how hard we try. But why? Where does it come from? And more importantly: how do we stop it from running our lives?
This series is my deep dive into what I’ve learned (and what I’m still learning). We’ll unpack the root of mom guilt, how to rewrite what “good enough” looks like, and how to build a life that feels more whole—even if it’s not perfect.
Over the next six posts, I’ll be exploring mom guilt more deeply:
Where does mom guilt really come from? We’ll dig into the root causes.
What does “good enough” really mean? I’ll share my own struggles with redefining it.
What are your family’s actual priorities? How to make sure they’re aligned with your values (not just what you think you should do).
How can you combat the comparison trap? I’ll share tools for setting boundaries and staying true to your journey.
How do you practice self-compassion? I’ll talk through my ongoing journey and why small wins matter.
Embracing imperfection and change: How rewriting your story can help you embrace the messy, wonderful process of being a mom.
Ready? Let’s go. Part 1 is coming Monday, April 14, 2025!